- Type de Contrat : CDI
- Entrée en fonction : Immédiate
- Durée de Travail : Temps Plein
- Lieux : Montréal Montréal
What you will do
- Help build an entirely new game development team, that will create fully interactive new worlds from scratch. A unique opportunity to contribute to the largest AAA space sim game ever. The only limit is your imagination. Day to day, you will be involved in the creation of whole new planets and locations for the intergalactic video game Star Citizen, a record-shattering crowd-funded video game that combines classic space sim gameplay with amazing visuals.
You’re Savvy in
- Having a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Working and communicating well with designers and other disciplines in a collaborative team-oriented development process.
- Having a strong understanding of environment asset creation and modular kit-based construction methodologies
- Understanding all phases of environment creation from block-out through lighting
- Pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques
- Demonstrating autonomy and showing pride in your work
You Are Eager to Take On
- Creating models of environmental objects (architectural building sets, organic’s, etc) for new planets in Star Citizen
- Work in the editor to build out levels and environments
- Create efficient UV layouts that work well within the engine and platform constraints
- Work closely together with the Level Design department
- Build a new team from the ground up
What to Send Our Way
- Your CV
- Sample pictures or a link to your portfolio highlighting your best work
Turbulent is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to ethnicity, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or disability.
You have Accomplished
- Experience working as an environment artist
- Thorough knowledge of the game development process
- Previous experience creating high-quality environments for AAA games
- Working knowledge of 3DS Max and Photoshop, as well as experience in using editors to lay out environments. You have very strong texturing skills and a sense of composition, colour and light.
- Knowledge of Substance packages
- Experience creating environments using modular systems
- An understanding of asset creation and optimization
- Experience building and tweaking shaders
- A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes. You have a great sense of detail and realism.
- Excellent sense of form, mass and volume. You have exceptional modelling skills.
- Understanding of a PBR workflow
- Ability to create game ready assets, that work well within the given technical limitations